Say no more, because all you’ll want to do is eat this outstanding summer boozy gelato infusing Pisco from Peru and Passion Fruit!
Servings: 3 people
Crafted by: Monica Carbonell
- 1.25 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream (35%)
- 1/2 cup Pisco Caravedo Pisco Used Here
- 2 cups Passion Fruit Juice Rubicon Passion Fruit Juice Used Here
- 1 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 4 fresh Passion Fruit Using inside seeds (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk granulated sugar with cornstarch, while gradually adding the whole milk and cream.
- Whisk constantly over medium heat until it starts to bubble and thicken.
- Pour the mixture into a new bowl, sitting in an ice bath. You will want the liquid to be cool to the touch before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Once cooled, pour in pisco, passion fruit juice, lemon juice and optional passion fruit seeds, cover the bowl and put into the fridge for 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Pour your mixture into the ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer guides. This took about 30 minutes to get it to the right consistency.
- Pour into an air tight container and put into the fridge for an additional 3 hours before serving.
The passion fruit seeds are optional because I just love the seeds and that added texture, but I know not everyone feels the same. This is completely up to you!